Monday, December 17, 2012

Calypso

You know when you have this awesome gift and you just can't wait to give it to that person?  Eitan's [my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years] birthday was the first week of December and although we didn't get to spend the exact day together I had a heck of a birthday celebration planned for him.  I ended up telling almost everyone what it was, but it was not nearly as satisfying as giving it to him.

We had to leave early in the morning and Eitan is not a morning person at all.  I kept telling him it would include breakfast but he still complained the whole way there.  Even when we arrived and he saw the sign he still had no clue where we were.  At the front desk he still wasn't understanding what Discovery Cove was.  When I explained to him that we would be swimming with dolphins he actually got excited [or as excited as Eitan gets].

Although it was a bit chilly out we stuck to the warmer waterways until it was time for our dolphin swim.  The water was freezing and I slipped more than once.  I know that I enjoyed myself greatly and it seemed to me that Eitan had a wonderful time.  The smaller dolphin we were kissing and hugging was Hurley [like from Lost] and the larger dolphin who pulled us around was Capricorn.  I think we could have stayed in that pool all day.

Obviously the below photos I did not take, but I could not resist posting the photos of the dolphin swim.  I also really liked the photo of Eitan throwing the fish into Hurley's mouth; perfect action shot.






Typical Eitan always acting like a goob.  He told me, "That is the fastest I have ever gone in the water."




The dolphin swim was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I was so glad that Eitan enjoyed it.  After the dolphin swim we snacked and drank a bit before going snorkeling at the reef.  I kept pestering Eitan to get into the water but when he finally jumped in I was to cold to do it myself.  When I finally joined him we tolled around for a bit although the masks kept filling with water.  Deciding we were sick of being cold we went back to the warmer waterways and stayed there until we got hungry enough to get lunch.  After we spent some time in the aviary so I and Eitan could get some decent photos of the park and the birds.


There was one particular part of the aviary where this one particular species of bird would land on you.  It was scary at first [I am not a bird person] but once you got used to it it was actually fun.  There was once bird in particular that landed on Eitan's shoulder and got very comfortable.  The trainers told us his name was Sheldon [like from the Big Bang Theory.  Our second television celebrity of the day].  He refused to move and ended up falling asleep right there!


I wanted nothing more than to take little Sheldon home with us.  The only bird I have ever liked.

This photo below is my favorite shot of the day.  It was actually taken with my cell phone which is a MyTouch 4g Slide.  It does have an eight mega pixel camera built in which is one of the main reasons why I bought the phone.  I was using the macro setting on the phone which is why you can see all the little details of his feathers.  I absolutely love this photo because of all the little details and how sweet it was that he found it comfortable enough to take a nap there. 


The landscape of the park was absolutely beautiful.  All of the tropical plants and the way that the sun filtered through the trees made everything feel like you were at a resort.


This last photo is my favorite landscape shot of the day.  I loved all of the beautiful flowers around the park and near the blue water it was a shot too sweet to pass up.  I love the foreground being shady and cool while the background is warm and inviting.  I could have spent all day sitting right there.


The day ended after our second visit to the aviary.  We didn't even stay the whole time the park was open which was the plan.  We were both exhausted and Eitan fell asleep in the car on the way home which tells me he had a good time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment