Monday, December 17, 2012

Little Talks

At my parent's house there is a large family portrait that hangs over the mantle.  I was nine years old and we were in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Mom and dad thought it would be funny for us to dress up in Union clothing at one of those goofy photo shops.  That is the only professional family portrait we have ever done.  Needless to say, it was time for another family portrait. When Eitan was in town for Thanksgiving weekend we took a quick trip to the beach and set up the shoot.

We set up the camera and tripod and mom put everyone in the perfect positions when these people stopped right in front of where we were shooting.  Needless to say we were pretty bummed since we had chosen a spot with no people for a reason.  Luke stands up and yells "Hey, can you move?!"


They got out of the way but it was pretty funny that they had miles of beach and chose to stop right there.  We all got a good laugh at it and were able to take a wonderful new family photo.



I personally prefer the previous photo because our smiles are genuine and Luke and Matt were making us laugh.  But unfortunately mom got cropped off a bit.  So the second photo wins for our official family photo. 

When I was getting mom and dad set up for the next couple of shots I was looking through the lens and felt a presence behind me.  Thinking it was my brother or Eitan I looked up but surprisingly it was the guy who had  gotten in the shot.  No one had noticed him creep up behind me; it scared me a bit too.  He asked what we were doing and my dad being a smarty said with great dignity, "No autographs until after the shoot, sir."  He asked if it was for a magazine or company or anything  but we explained it was just a quick family photo shoot.  Eitan said we probably looked like a cult.




I am not entirely sure what was said in the above photo but this is my favorite shot of my parents.  This may be my favorite photo out of the shoot.  I am so pleased with the grass that we found to use in the photos.  The way it crops out the ocean a bit makes you focus on everyone a bit more.  It was the perfect setting.  But the location isn't all that makes this my favorite.  When I can catch genuine smiles those pictures usually turn out the best.




I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my brothers.  Matt recently went to Florida Atlantic University for college and it had been lonely without him.  Luke is a funny guy but get them together and they feed off of one another.  Some of my fondest memories are of family dinners where my stomach hurts from laughing so hard.  Going through these photos as I was editing them I was laughing all over again.



They started goofing around and decided to replicate the pose I had mom and dad do.




The photo before the photo is always my favorite shot this is the true display of their relationship.




And then dad started goofing around; they don't get their sense of humor just from him though.


Mom decided to jump into the photo, "Hold me!"  Matt was quickly getting tired of the shoot.




I was only able to get one good photo of Eitan and I and it wasn't a posed one.  He makes me laugh so much and I am so thankful for him.


We experimented with shadows per request of my mom.



Luke was getting pretty sick of the taking photos too.




As we came to an end I was able to get more wonderful shots of my parents as they walked hand in hand down the beach.



After we were done we headed over to Beef O'Bradys like the Irish family we are and sat down to a hearty brunch.  Although we had to sacrifice a bit of sleep to go and do this it was worth it.  Not only did we get some great photos but we also got to spend some much needed time together.  I love my family and sweet boyfriend and would not trade a single individual for the world.  I am so incredibly pleased with how the photos turned out and couldn't have asked for a better location.  Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment